Monday 5 December 2016

12 tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie style 7, 8 and 9

Hello all, I am still in full Christmas card making mode and today am sharing the next 3 cards inspired by Linda's 12 tags of Christmas....
I'm not too happy with my versions, but hey ho, I tried.....
I'll take you quickly though them one by one.
Here is the one inspired by Linda's number 7. I was mostly inspired by her colour and sort of snowy theme, though not having any of the products she used I went pretty much by own way.
I cut the front with the fancy die by Marianne Design, ran a panel through a little snow flake embossing folder and then decorated with a little deer and one of the flowers I made in a batch, originally for another project. You can see on this post how I did that.
I decorated the inside too, still going with the blue and snowy theme:
Alright, onto number 8. You can find Linda's original here
I used some of the elements Linda used, - a stencilled background, a lantern (I used a different die), a vintage image and some flowers and greenery. But I changed the colouring completely.
And finally number 9. I loved the colours Linda used and how she made her background. I was also delighted I actually own the lovely stamp she used for her background. But then I finished mine in a different way, seeing it's a card and not an invitation like Linda's was. You can see hers here.

The leaves were cut from a "master board" I created a while back, using sprays. Here's a close up still
Well, that's it for today. Thanks for your visit like always and hope you find some time to relax during this busy time of year.
xxxxx

20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

They are all gorgeous, have a great week. Hugs, Valerie

brenda said...

Three super designs Astrid and all so different making choosing a fav so difficult, the dimensional holly really appears but I thing it's that glorious Poinsettia and pretty edge that wins today.

B x

Redanne said...

Your cards are always such an inspiration Astrid and I really love all three of these - the leaves and sentiment on the third one really stand out beautifully and I love the gorgeous blues on the first one... Hugs, Anne xx

Pamellia said...

My goodness, how do you come up with so many Christmas card ideas! These are beautiful Astrid. I love the vintage image in the middle one, with the glowing lantern... so cozy and warm! Fabulous line up of festive cards. hugs :)

chrissie said...

All of them are very special and I love how you have decorated inside yhe first one

Chrissie xx

Patty O'Malley said...

Lovely cards!

Gitte said...

Beautiful christmas cards.

Mrs.B said...

A beautiful set of cards Astrid, but I must admit I do love the 2nd one.
Avril xx

Unknown said...


Superbe.

Sandy said...

All are wonderful Astrid - I love the poinsettia!
Sandy xx

Paper Profusion said...

These are all gorgeous Astrid - you are really on a roll for Christmas. Nicola x

rachel said...

stunning makes Astrid - I adore these. Hugs Rachel x

Meggymay said...

They are all fabulous Christmas cards and great designs.
Yvonne xx

Maryann Laursen said...

I believe the saying is true, that we´re our own worst critics, cause I think all these are just fabulous Astrid, I really do.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

These are all sensational, Astrid! I love your unique vintage style with so many wonderful techniques and touches. My favorite is #8, I can't stop going back and looking at it. Great job - so glad you are still hanging in with this challenge!

Hugs,
Linda

pearshapedcrafting said...

These are all so gorgeous Astrid! Hugs, Chrisx

Diana Taylor said...

You've made three stunning cards here and I love them all - the blue really stands out for me, it's so striking and I love the way you've decorated the inside too. Fabulous work.

sarascloset said...

Astrid you made my day with these lovely interpretations of Linda's tags, and I am so grateful they are all here in one post. I am having a time trying to get on my computer, and I feel like I'm missing out on so much! All three are just spectacular in your lovely style! My favorite, though has got to be #8--I adore your background! so much depth and a truly vintage feel! Pinned! I hope you are getting lots of time to relax and enjoy the peace of the season! Hugs!

Words and Pictures said...

Stunning textured snowflakes on the blue/silver one, and I love that you get an extra deer on the inside! Delightful vintage variation on Tag 8 - the soft greens are lovely with the distressed gilding, and work well against the pops of red. And I really love your take on Tag 9 - the gathered leaves are gorgeous, and I really like the metal snowflake in gold - looks so different!
Alison x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Beautiful makes... Love the bold blue!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key